If you are looking to remove unwanted hair, you might be thinking about laser hair removal. Laser hair removal is a medical procedure that utilizes a concentrated beam of light to eliminate hair effectively.
When the pigment absorbs the laser in the hair, the light energy is transformed into heat, damaging the hair follicles. This process delays future hair growth. It is essential to understand that although laser hair removal slows hair growth, it often doesn’t result in permanent hair removal.
You will need many laser hair removal procedures for initial hair removal, and you will need maintenance treatments as well. The process can be used on all skin types, but it is most effective for people with light skin and dark hair.
Benefits Of Laser Hair Removal
Using a laser to remove unwanted hair from the face, legs, chin, back, arm, underarm, bikini line, and other areas is an excellent idea. There are many benefits, including:
- It takes less than a second for the laser to treat many hairs at the same time. The laser can remove hair in a quarter size area every second. For instance, the upper lip can be done in less than a minute, and large zones, like the back or legs, may take up to an hour.
- Laser hair removal is a safe procedure as it can target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding skin untouched.
- In four to six sessions, you can see a 70 to 80 percent reduction in hair growth. You have to remember that laser hair removal doesn’t remove hair forever, but it does reduce hair growth to the point you can stop shaving altogether.
- You can use laser hair removal in all parts of the body as it can cover large places fast.
- Laser hair removal is mostly pain-free. Usually, the technicians use ice to numb the area before and after the treatment. Besides, it gets less painful as treatments continue, and the hair becomes finer.
Finally, the key to success is to find the right provider. It is critical to find the right doctor for you, with the right qualifications. Otherwise, you might end up throwing money at treatments that could not work.
Make sure to find an experienced provider, such as The Face Place Medispa, who understands how to adjust each treatment to your skin type and hair color. Remember, be careful as hair removal can be harmful in inexperienced hands.